A Classic Love Story


This is the story about how I met my nearest and dearest, it truly is a classic love story. You really can meet people in the most strangest of circumstances, not everyone meets via facebook or some dating website. In hindsight I actually think that I was very lucky or perhaps it was just fate that bought me and my wife together. I hope you enjoy the read.

I have always had a soft spot for dogs, mainly because my parents always seemed to have one as I was growing up. At the age of twenty-five, I decided to own my own dog and went to visit my local animal sanctuary. I soon spotted this very cute canine and immediately knew that this was the dog for me.

Her name was Cassie, she was a very excitable dog and could not stop jumping up and down, it seemed that she was extremely happy to meet me. Cassie took a while to settle in to her new home and was a little bit naughty at times. I realised that what she required was a lot of attention and a lot of walks.


On one of these walks I got chatting to quite a pretty young lady. She asked me the name of the dog and stated that she had often noticed me taking her for walks. I must admit that I had not once noticed her. It was quite a short conversation but I left feeling that this lady had an interest in me.

Over the next few weeks I seemed to bump in to her on a regular basis, she stated on one occasion that she was my stalker, I was quite happy to have her as a stalker!

This lady seemed quite confident and one particular morning she started to ask me a lot of questions:

What is your name?

Where do you live?

Where do you work?

How would you like to go on a date with me?

I could not believe it and without hesitation agreed. This woman is now my wife, how bonkers is that?

My advice for people who may be on the look for love, is to keep positive as it will happen if you get your face out there and are happy to chat to people.

Stephen Hill runs The How To Stop Stammering Centre, he has a number of websites including:

stuttering information